Corsair Community

Abit IP35-E and CM2X1024-6400

Xabre

Hey

Just got a dual channel kit, 2GB CM2X1024-6400. With just a single stick in the mobo, there is no problem but when i add the second stick to the system, it refuses to boot. The fan on my GFX spins to full speed, and thats it. The screen remains black...

Its only when i add the second stick to the system this happens. Also i Dual Channel mode...

Is it dead, or what ?

• Corsair Employees
Please check the BIOS version you installed and make sure it will support the CPU you have. If there is not newer BIOS and you cannot resolve the problem I would talk to the MB maker about replacing the MB. Also make sure that you have a big enough PSU for the system configuration as that would cause this as well.

I know for sure, that the BIOS supports the CPU, and the machine is doing fantastic with the "good" stick of memory, i every slot in the motherboard... But when the "bad stick" goes in, the bootproblem comes up..

I tried to raise the Voltage for the memory, no help there... and the PSU is big enuff for sure..

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it! Please make sure you let them know you are from the forum!

Archived