Corsair Community

system settings

Not to be crude, but you actualy spent money on upgrades for this system?

For around $600 bucks, you could have a system that would spit on that one against the wind....I cant help you with OC'ing, but I dont think thats the issue :/ . Go to newegg, pick up a good ASUS board (whatever the flavor of the month is), get one of the new intels (C2D E6750), and get some ram. OC to all hell and start bragging on the forums haha.

BTW, you might get a better reaction from other peeps, but I think you would be wasting your money if your looking for some actual performance.

Like i said, get an Asus board for like $150-200, get a E6750 for $190 which im almost positive OC's to 4 ghz on air, and get a matched pair of ram, newegg has deal right now that has 2 gigs of 6400C4 for $74 which im very happy with. I have my ram at 1000 mhz with 5 CAS latency. I brought the ram sticks back down to 960 and got the timings down to 4 CAS Latency. If my math is right....thats $ 465. that leaves you with $ 235, subtract $35 for shipping, and you got $200. You need to get a good CPU cooler, so say the thermalright 120 extreme for $60. Now you could save up for a 8800gts video card which is $260 right now. IMO 8800's are a waste, ide wait till their cheaper which will be in a few months.

Like i said, get an Asus board for like $150-200, get a E6750 for $190 which im almost positive OC's to 4 ghz on air, and get a matched pair of ram, newegg has deal right now that has 2 gigs of 6400C4 for $74 which im very happy with. I have my ram at 1000 mhz with 5 CAS latency. I brought the ram sticks back down to 960 and got the timings down to 4 CAS Latency. If my math is right....thats $ 465. that leaves you with $ 235, subtract $35 for shipping, and you got $200. You need to get a good CPU cooler, so say the thermalright 120 extreme for $60. Now you could save up for a 8800gts video card which is $260 right now. IMO 8800's are a waste, ide wait till their cheaper which will be in a few months.

If you don't want to wait for cheaper 8800s, an 8600gts will handle pretty much anything you can throw at it, though not for long :p: the 256 MB version's around $160, I think, the 512 MB is $200-ish, take your pick. I'm really happy with mine (eVGA superclocked 256 MB version).

Plus, with an 8600 you'd be able to recycle your power supply, whereas I wouldn't recommend running an 8800 off 480 watts.

Archived