Corsair Community

SD Card 2GB

danielmorim

Hi, guys!

I have a Corsair SD Card 2GB (P/N: CMFSD60-2GB).

I was using it in my Canon A510 digicam and, after que first use I got an error message (about the card).

Well... I lost all my photos and video and my PC only recognize about 967MB.

Any suggestion? I tried to format on a Nikon D40 digicam but I got the same problem... the camera shows that has formated but shows that it's not able to write on the SD Card (every time give a message telling to change the card or, sometimes, format it).

Hello !

I have got the same problem, but with a Corsair MiniSD card (2 GB) that I use with my phone (Sagem My700Xi).

The card was working perfectly in the phone for a few days, and is now not recognized. When the phone is plugged to the computer it only propose me to format the MiniSD, and only 966 MB can be formated.

What is the problem ?

Thanks for your answers.

I had exactly the same problem with a Corsair 2Gb SD card X 133.

After formatting in a camera (Casio P700 Exilim Pro), it was reduced to about 988Mb. I tried several utilities (Toshiba SD format utility, Pocket Mechanic on Pocket PC), but this was the first one to fix it:

http://www.sdcard.org/about/downloads/

Hope this works for you - I was about to return the card, and this saved me the hassle.

• Corsair Employees
Let's get it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

It didn't work for me either.

My MiniSD 2 GB can be formated correctly with all the different options of this software, but it still shows 966 MB...

I will ask my reseller to replace it, as soon as it re-opens (holliday times)

• Corsair Employees
Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Let's get it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Is it possible to send it to any Corsair's Representative in Brazil? Or do I must send it to USA?

Please contact your reseller or place of purchase.

I tried the place of purchase, but the guy said a several times that the problem is mine... that the camera formated the card so it'll never come back again to 2GB.

But it's not the whole problem... anyway, the card don't work.

Archived