Corsair Community

SY-P4X400 DRAGON Lite & CMX512 - 3200C2PT x 2

3dlicious

Hi...ok here are my problems: I'm getting random screen lockups where i can't move my mouse for 1 min, then complete lockup. also, im getting random resetting, usually within the first five minutes of booting up. and, i dont know if this is related, but im getting crc errors when decompressing large zip files. these files are tested and work fine on any other computer. :(: :sigh!: :confused: :[pouts: specs: SY-P4X400 DRAGON Lite p4 4.2ghz 2 CMX512 - 3200C2PT xfx 5600 256mb video card win xp home sp 1 default BIOS settings im currently trying 1 cmx512 at a time, and it [I]seems[/I] to be running smoothly so far. i will keep you updated... [B]thanks for the help![/B] :D:

• 2 weeks later...
My computer is making the same fails allsp in the installation of windows it is making fails. I have talked with some it supporters and say it is the memory ther dosen't work. I have tryed the memory in another computer and it dos still not work i have tryed some other memorys in my computer and then it worked fine.

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest testing these modules on another MB, if possible, as this MB would not officially support DDR400 from the chipset maker. All of our modules are tested at the rated speed be fore they leave our factory so it would be hard to get a bad module let alone two. In addition, to test with this MB I would as suggested set the memory Frequency ratio so the memory is running at DDR333 and test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url]

Archived