Corsair Community

Flash Voyager GT - Slow Performance

Computerproll

Hello Community,

today I received my Corsair Flash Voyager GT with a capacity of 2 GB. The first thing I do was a benchmark with HD-Tune. But the result dont make me happy. I just get a transfer rate of approximate 18 MB/sec. Please look at the Picture.

http://www.thinkpad-forum.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3169

I tested the stick on my IBM X31 Laptop. Also I tested it on my Dell Inspiron 9300 and my Desktop PC with an Abit AN7. But on all PCs the same procedure. Transfer rates of 18-19 MB/sec. Every PC has got SP2 installed and has got USB 2.0.

I somestimes think I have got parts of an normal Flash Voyager installed in my Flash Voyager GT. :confused:

What can I do? I hope you can help me.

• Corsair Employees

That is a bit low, but there can be any number of reasons for that. You might try and format the drive and see if that helps the performance.

Please try to format the drive from a command prompt with this syntax:

Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

or

Format (X:) /FS:NTFS /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

• Corsair Employees

We can try replacing the drive but that might be normal for that configuration.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Hello RAM GUY,

the problem is that I am from Germany. Should I request a RMA number and ship the stick to the following address?

Corsair Memory

Attn: Returns

46221 Landing Parkway

Fremont, CA 94538

Or is there Corsair location in Germany or Europe?

Thank you!

Archived