Corsair Community

P5n32-e Sli ??

omino8

I picked up an ASUS P5N32-E SLI mobo and a twin pack of corsair dominator memory (CM2X1024-6400C4D) Going through corsair and asus's website looking for an "ok" on compatibility, I seemed to have come across conflicting data. Searching for the info through asus (it doesnt list this specific ram for this mobo which everyone seems to say is the kiss of doom (ironic because it has an asus R.O.G. certification sticker on it) but going through the corsair website it lists it as ok. :bigeyes: Now I have respect for both companies but would like to return the ram quickly and unopened if it is not going to work. Please help with some information. Thanks for all your time.

Thanks for getting back to me. All the forum posts that I have been coming across really have made out all motherboards to be "so" picky with type of memory and amount. I have come across postings of revised memory compatibility lists saying do not believe the mobo manufacturers. I have also read that it is nearly impossible to get 4 gigs to work on desktop mobos. I really started getting paranoid. I had no idea what info to believe. Now going along with the info you stated that means that my memory would also work on an EVGA 680i SLI mobo because it is either a FSB of 1066 or 1333? Is that correct?

Thanks just trying to learn. :D:

Archived