Corsair Community

HX-620 Clicking

xaser12

I got a brand new HX-620 PSU - I thought that I would set it up with my new PSU tester just before I install it into my new computer.... I get this annoying clicking/arking noise coming from it.... I have checked out the forums and it seems to be a known thing.... Its not coming from the fan... so Im stumped with what it could be and am not installing it into my PC till Im sure that there is no probs..

Anyone got any suggestions for why this is happening or how to fix the problem.... remember its not in a PC so there is no noise from anything else, and there is no UPS attached.

So.. lemme have 'em (Suggestions) :(:

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest that you hook the PSU up to your system and see if you are still experiencing the clicking issues. It may be clicking due to the fact that there is no load on the PSU. If the clicking does not go away then let's get it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it! Please make sure you let them know you are from the forum!

Archived