Corsair Community

4GB Ram (800 or 1066) What MOBO, what ram, what set-up?

beyondbehind

Hi, I'm looking to set up a rig with 4gigs of ram, preferrably 1066, but I had read that it's really tricky and I'm trying to go for something that's really stable and guaranteed to work, so I'll settle for 800. What kit should I buy 2x2GB, 4x1GB, and will it be stable and guaranteed to work? Right now I'm leaning towards the Asus P5N32-E, without using the SLI, but if there's another board in the same price range (under 300) that will do the job better, i'll go for that.

That's all that really matters but I was also curious about what would be better 2gigs @ 1066, or 4 gigs @ 800? (since 4 gigs @ 1066 seems tough ALSO not willing to spend 400+ on the 2x2gb kits for 1066) I am not looking to extremely overclock the CPU, most likely will leave it as is...

Thankyou very much, in advance.

• Corsair Employees
If you want 4 gig of memory I would suggest either Twin2x4096-8500C5D or Twin2x4096-6400C5DHX. And I am sorry I cannot suggest one MB over another, but you can look up the modules from the link in my signature for the MB or MB's we use to test them.

Archived