Corsair Community

problem with RMA

rx7speed

this is in reference to an rma I had setup on this post

http://houseofhelp.com/v3/showthread.php?t=61788

case number 191990

rma number 1015723

before I sent the ram off I contacted customer service as you asked to get see what I could do with getting a replacement with the micron chips. at first I was told that they don't rate them on the type of ic or anything but eventually managed to work with the rep to where he said it wouldn't be a problem, I even offered to pay the difference at that time and that I'm not worried if it is the pro's or something else just to get something that would have the microns but he said don't worry it's not a problem and would be taken care of. I ended up sending my ram in and it was recieved as of 7/20 (ups tracking number). When 7/30 came around I haven't recieved the package yet so sent over an email and had a reply on 7/31 saying sorry for the delay I booked it and it's now ready to ship out (ups 1Z966E651265173337 ) and he assigned me a new RMA # 1018356.

well I finally recieved the ram today and find out it is not the micron chips according to your ic lookup that I was told I should be getting. instead it is the cm2x1024-6400pro v2.3 which has the elpida chips in it.

I'm fairly disapointed right now it took from being recieved on friday the 20th july to tuesday the 31jul for the turnaround time to even ship the rma, I was not even given what I was expected. Where do I go from here to get this correct?

• Corsair Employees
First we do not sell modules based on any IC sorry but there is no way to do that for you and again you would need to talk to our customer service if they made some promise to you. 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0"

understood and he explained that to me which is partly why I even offered to pay difference at the time to get something that did. I will try to take this up with them then. So far though I'm not happy with the whole rma due to the above as well as the delay in shipping 24-48 hours turning into a whole week is a little much.

thank you for the help so far though.

EDIT: problem seems to be resolved so far with the type of ram. and again thank you

• Corsair Employees
No problem, and sometimes if the part is a high demand part it may take a bit longer especially if we are out of stock. In addition, we do not sell direct so we do not have any way that is easy to charge/credit you for another part. Sorry!

understandable. and from the sounds of it they don't have the micron pro's anymore so they are switching me to the 8500c5 from what they are saying.

though I do have one question I noticed there are both 8500 and 8500c5 ram for the xms2 line of ram. what is the difference as both seem to have 5-5-5-15 timings?

also curious as to how much of a difference the 8500 dominators vs the 8500 xms2's?

Archived