Corsair Community

Asus P5B w/ TWIN2X2048-6400

glass

Currently I am experienced hard/soft lockups when running memory intensive programs on my computer; I understand that it may be the cause of several different things including my RAM. I have run memtest86 and found errors on my current sticks of ram (TWIN2X2048-6400, 2x CMX1024-6400's) and was wondering if this could be reasoning of a compatibility issue. I understand my motherboard optomizes with 4-4-4-12 timing ram, but am running 5-5-5-15. I have gone into my BIOS and manually tuned my ram to factory specs (5-5-5-15).

As for the ram errors I currently have an RMA ticket awaiting a number, but before that goes through I wanted to fully make sure the same kind of ram will not be a future problem.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts and Change ‘Write to Precharge delay’ in the BIOS (same page as for latencies) from default 10 to 15 and set the tested settings set manually (Cas 5-5-5-15) and then test the modules again with the Voltage set to 2.0 Volts! Then test with http://www.memtest.org to be sure!

Thanks for the responce. From your settings page, I thought the ram was to be set to 1.9v, so I'll try setting to 2.0. Currently I do have write set to 15, and it is set to 5-5-5-5-15. Hopefully this will work.

On a second not, do you think that having voltage off would cause hard-locking of games (Namely WoW and BF2142) but not cause desktop crashing?

Set Memory Voltage to 2.0V - Resulted in windows full HARD lockup as soon as user was selected (Upon loading desktop). Tried reverting back to 1.9V and rebooting but it was to no avail; had to factory default bios in order to get windows to run again.

I took the time to copy down my BIOS Settings exactly aside from the Voltage change before the crash:

AI Tune Manual

CPU Frequency----200

DRAM Frequency--DDR2-800

-----------------Auto

-----------------Auto

-----------------Auto

Memory Voltage 1.9V

Remaining 5 options - Auto

------------------------------------------

Memory Remapping -------- Enabled

Config by SPD-------------- Disable

DRAM Cas Latency---------5

DRAM Ras to Cas delay-----5

DRAM Ras Pre-charge------5

DRAM Active to Pre-charge-15

DRAM Write Recovery Time--5

DRAM TRFC-----------------42

DRAM TRRD-----------------10

Rank Write to Read Delay ---10

Read to Precharge Delay-----10

Write to Precharge Delay ----15

Static Read Control----------Auto

Initiate Graphic Adapter------PEG/PCI

--------------------------------------------------

PEG Port Config

PEG Force x1---Disable

PEG Link Mode --- Auto

ASUS C.G.I-------Auto

-----------------------------------

For starters, which of this information is helpful to you (in-case I gave too much).

If there any incorrect values, please help me fix them properly.

I have most up to date Chipset Drivers, and BIOS. Using ASUS P5B DELUXE/Wifi-AP - Intel P965 Chipset

Archived