Corsair Community

Announcing Corsair Drive Tools Now released in Beta!

RAM GUY

• Corsair Employee

License:Free

Requirements: Windows Vista/XP/2000SP4, Mac OS X 10.4/10.3, a USB flash drive

Down load Corsair Drive Tools BETA here

Corsair Drive Tools is a collection of easy-to-use programs to enhance your USB Flash Drive experience.

In this first public beta release, Corsair Drive Tools incorporates a file sync function that enables you to easily synchronize your data between computers at home and computer at work.

This software is truly cross-platform for Mac and Windows. Both platforms share the exact same user interface and user preferences. There is no installation needed, and the app can be run from USB flash drive. No administration rights are required to run this software.

Once you download the zip package, simply unzip the entire contents to the root of your USB flash drive.

Below are a couple screen shots of how the application software looks

Please post any comments and or questions, but please note I may move your thread on its own post to keep this post lean.

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2677&stc=1&d=1186079979

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2678&stc=1&d=1186079994

Screen1.png.0875aac1711843fa752e5281ea5b0b27.png

Screen2.png.8626e5832d097c0e442d3cf669bde408.png

• 1 month later...
License:Free

Requirements: Windows Vista/XP/2000SP4, Mac OS X 10.4/10.3, a USB flash drive

See the post above for compatibility. What is your OS version? Also, can you post your complete system specifications (hardware and the OS version) so that our software guys can take a look. Remember, this is a beta.

• 2 months later...
Once you download the zip package, simply unzip the entire contents to the root of your USB flash drive.

Seriously? 155 files? What a mess!

Gotta say, I'm reluctant to do this to my root directory, which I try to keep clean. Sure would be nice if it went into it's own directory somewhere, so it could at least be easily removed.

Just as feedback, I don't use a Mac and don't intend to. I do use Linux, and give much higher priority to programs that work in Linux and Windows (which I have to use for work). A version that worked in Linux might even be worth messing up my root directory to this degree.

Lacking that, I'll probably just try running it from it's own directory, and if that doesn't work, delete it.

• 1 month later...

Before I load this onto a drive, where can I find out exactly what is included, what it does, etc.

The post above mentions 155 files. Looking in the ZIP archive there are only a few so I imagine they will be extracted from the .exe archive. I'd love to know what they all are first.

Is there a web page that expands a bit on the contents?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Ram Guy, Thanks for the info regarding JackFlash / Beta Drive Tools. I recently purchased a 16GB survivor and opted to re-format memory in NTFS. This choice was due to size and number of files (roughly 42,000). Will the current version of Drive Tools work with NTFS format? =and= will Drive Tools enable "seeing" & utilizing the full 16GB (15.1GB, formatted)? Main purpose is on-the-road document back up and synchronization between Office PC and laptop. Thanks.... Kayab

Archived