Corsair Community

Will HX620 support crossfire 2900XT?

Orre64

I am currently deciding on parts for my new PC, and the HX620 with it's outstanding reviews seems like a good choice. I plan to get a Sapphire 2900XT, but in the future I want to be able to get another and run them in crossfire. However, that sets me back on a couple of points.

First of all, will the HX620 even be able to support such a system? Some claim that anything below 700W will crash and burn, while some insist that high quality power supplies can carry substantially more load than those of cheaper brands. I've heard serveral reports of ~600W PSUs breaking down under the tremendously powerconsuming dual 2900XTs. Although I have never heard the HX620 being specifically mentioned.

I can also mention that I do not intend to perform any noticable overclocking on the rest of system, which wont contain any out of the ordinary amounts of HHDs (2 pcs) or DVDs (1 pcs).

So my first question is, can I trust the HX620 to pull this off?

Secondly, I want to know for sure that I will be able to plug in my card(s) using PCI-e 6-pin AND 8-pin connectors. One of each for each GPU. I read somewhere that the PSU comes bundled with cables splitting the two PCI-e connectors into one 6-pin and 8-pin each. (A totalt of 2x 8-pin and 2x 6-pin.) Have I understood this correctly?

• Corsair Employees
So my first question is, can I trust the HX620 to pull this off?

A: Yes no problem at all!

Secondly, I want to know for sure that I will be able to plug in my card(s) using PCI-e 6-pin AND 8-pin connectors. One of each for each GPU. I read somewhere that the PSU comes bundled with cables splitting the two PCI-e connectors into one 6-pin and 8-pin each. (A totalt of 2x 8-pin and 2x 6-pin.) Have I understood this correctly?

A: Yes that is correct!

• Corsair Employees
I think they had specifications for minimum power rated PSU's, our PSU will not have any problems with that Video Card. However if you want a PSU that is on that list later this year we will release a bigger PSU that will most likely be certified.

Archived