Corsair Community

turboflash won't install vista

tonedi

hi, just bought a 1gb Turboflash drive.. when I connect it to my pc Vista (32bit) tells me that it needs drivers to install the turboflash (least it knows what it is) other usb drives have no problem nor does the turboflash drive have a problem under XP ! apart from reinstalling Vista is there any other fix?

thanks

fixed! firstly unmounted the alcohol 120% virtual drive and rebooted with the turboflash drive plugged in!

Correction not fixed! I can see the drive now and can actually set it up for ready boost.. but everytime the computer starts it looks for drivers which it can never find!

hi, tried that and it tells me that windows cannot find the drivers. I'm logged in as Administrator and running vista home premium. I've had no problems with any other usb device and the wierd thing is that I can see the turboflash drive. I can even copy things to it if I'm not using it for readyboost.. but once I cancel or close the "finding drivers" for it the drive disappears completly and I get prompted with the same "find drivers" message every time Vista starts.

• Corsair Employee
That would suggest a driver issue with the O.S. or the MB. Can you test it another system? And I would suggest calling our Tech support at 800-205-7657 and we can try to help you sort that out. Do you have the latest BIOS for your MB installed, also are you connecting this threw a hub on the front of your case or an extension cable?

Plugged the turboflash into my work vista machine and it worked straight away! but I don't want to use this for work! I've tried different usb ports and it's not going through a hub and I'm also running the latest bios from Asus and latest updates for vista, the motherboard is a Asus P5B-E.

sigh.. a vista rebuild might be required :(:

reloaded vista and it worked straight away.. lets hope it keeps working lol

Archived