Corsair Community

PROBLEM ASUS p5b deluxe+ Corsair XMS2 6400C4 pro 2x1GB

tor TT

Hi, Iam having a strange problem- my memory isn't stable in memtest86+ v 3.3, and I tried all the voltages, by the why I tried its native voltage 2.1- it worked in Windows for 5 minutes and then BSOD. The only stable voltage is 2.0, when I put Voltage in auto possition I got a great hip of errors in memtest just only in 2 minutes, also I tried to change write to precharge Delay from 11 to 15, but it did no good for stability( in 10min- errors!!!). Well, I came up to the following- voltage 2.0, timings 4-4-4-12 the others were not changed, and I ran memtest for an hour with the half, then I got a badram error:mad: Please tell me how to these modules stable in memtest, because in Windows everything is fine-no errors at all, plus I'v played Stalker for all the day, and no BSOD, only swaps took place from time to time, but I think it is o.k:sigh!: Yea, I forgot to mention that I even tried to rise the voltage on the north bridge and againg I came to no result:[pouts: PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE STABLE

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts and Change ‘Write to Precharge delay’ in the BIOS (same page as for latencies) from default 10 to 15 and set the tested settings set manually and then test the modules again with the Voltage set to 2.0 Volts! Then test with http://www.memtest.org to be sure!

Thanks I'll try, I will post when get the results, also I should mention that I tried these modules in S&M programme- It also showed an error after an hour and a half:(:

Well, I did as you told: I put the voltage to 2.0, then I entered the following timings: 5-5-5-18, and Write to precharge Delay was also changed to 15, the memtest could run only for 4 hours, then I got a bAdram error... I also have the newest bios for my motherboard, but it is no us. Also I wanted to ask you-why this memtest86+ v1.7 doesn't support my motherboard chipset, when I tried to see the SPD with the help of this programme it said that chip was not supported by the programme(maybe that's the problem??? OR maybe I really have a bad ram, the matter is it works stable in games, on this voltage and in all ather fields too, except for this memtest, and S&M). I don't know, is it always so hard with the memory or I just got unlucky????

Damn I forgot:p::p::p: Sorry for bothering, I'll test It in the morning. By the way , I tested It by S&M and everything went just fine, I finished the test with no errors:laughing::laughing: In the morning the memtest will be launched! Thank you! I'll post tommorow.

Strange thing is happening, I tried to set 4-4-4-12 timings, and voltage to 2.1, and I ran memtest for 3 hours with no errors, but when I ran few programmes In windows It ended up with BSOD, then I rose North Bridge a little bit, and fsb termination on one point,well it was stable only for 32 minutes then BSOD again:mad: Damn maybe I should rise the voltege on the north bridge a little bit higher, but I don't have water cooling on It, I think It will run Hot. Any Ideas???

O.K Finally it works stable:roll:, I ran Memtest for 4 hours with no errors on Voltage 2.0 on 5-5-5-18 timings, thanks RamGuy:D:, but I wanted to ask you: is it possible to make this memory run stable on 4-4-4-12 timings with voltage 2.1, in Windows:confused:, as it is stable in memtest. Please I await your answer, and thanks ones again!

• Corsair Employees
They should run at Cas 4-4-4-12 at 2.1 Volts with out problems. Let's get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived