Corsair Community

Dead CMX1024-3200C2 Module. Reseller can't find anything faulty

Levi

Hi all.

I have a 2GB kit of CMX1024-3200C2. After 10 months of working perfectly in my ASUS A8r32-MVP DELUXE one of the modules up and died. I tested it in three more PCs all of which had different chipsets and it produced the same result in all of them. Only 1 module detected in POST and in CPU-Z. Windows only sees 1023MB out of 2GB. I sent the kit back to the place of purchase (pcmaniacs.com.au) and they could not find anything wrong with them. They sent them back to me, I tested again, same problem. I sent them back, they sent them to the Austrailan distributor (http://www.altech.com.au) and they couldn't find anything wrong either. The kit was sent back to me (minus the original packaging) and it still has the same problems.

This problem is really getting annoying. Any ideas?

Levi

• Corsair Employees
Please test the modules one at a time and see if they both work one up, and its normal with this MB to only show 1023 Meg out of 1024 Meg its the way the BIOS reserves the memory for the system. But if both modules run one up then there is wither a problem with your CPU or MB and I would test your CPU in a different MB to be sure.

I've tested in 4 different motherboards, all with the same result. The same stick fails in all the boards. The boards I tested in are: Gigabyte GA-8IK-1100, Gigabyte GA-K8NS-Ultra 939, ASUS A8N-SLI SE and an ASUS A8R32-MVP DELUXE.

When booting with the suspect module, the pc will power up but NOT post.

• Corsair Employees
Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived