Corsair Community

Issue with RMA Process

krakan

Hi All,

I don't know if I clicked the wrong box somewhere, but either Corsair only have one office in the entire world, or I'm being asked to do something really stupid.

I submitted an RMA request after one of my 1GB DDR2 XMS2 Modules started crashing my system (Corrupting Windows in the process) and failed Memtest with style.

Eventually I got the RMA request processed and confirmed, but I'm being asked to send the faulty module to Fremont, CA.

I live in the UK, as I'm sure do a large number of Corsair customers. To send a 1GB RAM Module, worth £40 at today's prices, to the States, well packaged to avoid damage and Insured against loss/damage is going to cost me about £15.

This defeats the point of offering a Lifetime Warranty completely if that's the only option I have (That may or may not be the point - offer a good sounding warranty that nobody will take you up on) but if I'm going to have to pay another £15 because the RAM I bought only a few months ago is faulty then I'm far from impressed.

Does anyone know if the US address is the only one?

Damn. That's a shame. Reseller (Ebuyer.com) aren't interested, and I don't especially blame them.

That's a real pity - that means that I can't really buy Corsair products in the future, and neither I wouldn't think will anyone else who knows about this - the Corsair 'warranty' is worthless if it costs a fortune to return items...

Thanks anyway,

Chris

Incidentally, I know that Kingston do their RMAs in the UK (Through Simms, their distributor for non-business sales) and Crucial do RMAs in the UK too - Corsair can't compete with either of these two if you're essentially determined to be an America-Based company dealing into Europe without any actual presence there. Imagine buying a USB Flash device for £15 and being faced with a £15 fee to returning it if faulty! Where's the value in that warranty?

• Corsair Employees
That was because some of the competitors did not have a support forum and the users would try to get help with non corsair memory. But most of our Distributors will provide service for the original purcheser, if your reseller does not I would look for another reseller.

Archived