Corsair Community

Dell XPS710 and Twin2X2048-6400C4D

ApexDreamer

I installed 2 of the Twin2X2048-6400C4D's in my Dell XPS 710 and it seemed to work fine for a couple of days then I started having problems. After testing each one of the 4 modules I found one that when installed by itself the computer would not boot. I emailed techsupport and the RAM guy emailed back and said that these modules were not compatible with my motherboard. He said these modules require 1.9 volts and my motherboard only supplies 1.8 volts. When I look at the voltage settings available in NVidia's NTune software the lowest it goes is 1.85 and the highest it goes is 2.1. So my question is, is this really a compatibility problem or just a bad module?

So far from all the forums and reviews I have been reading it's a 90% chance that these are complete junk. I can't even get the darn thing pass the 1d error after doing everything from bios updates, manual timing settings, and voltage settings after I made sure to get ram that was on the compatibility list for my Mobo. I'm stuck with this crappy 512 333MHz until I can get some help in seeing if I can return these or not or at least get new ones.

Archived