Corsair Community

what timings/voltage for 4 sticks of dominator 8500 @ 667mhz?

Hi, I just overclcoked my CPU and found out that my ram is rated way to fast for my FSB so I underclocked it to sync with my FSB of 1333mhz or 667mhz. I'm orthos stable for 16 hours and 38 minutes, so I know the 4x1gb of ram is stable at the automatic settings (15-5-5-5 @ 1.85v) BUT right now all I want to figure out is that since im running my 8500 (1066mhz) dominator ram at 667mhz can I loosen the timings from 15-5-5-5 to 12-4-4-4? or something else? and what voltage should I run the memory at and north bridge or whatever need be?

I have a Asus P5N32-E SLI motherboard btw, thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I would advise you to use the next divider up or even the one after that, to make your ram run faster. 667 is slow and it will be hindering your cpu and graphics performance. That ram should do 1100 - 1200 MHz 5-5-5-15 at 2.1v. But to answer your question, id try using 2.0 - 2.1v (with a cooling fan of course) and tighten the timings, and use memtest v1.70 to test stability. Or boot into windows and run orthos or other benchies. You might get them to 3-3-3-8 using 2.1v at 667 MHz.

Edit: leave the NB voltage at stock until you have reason to suspect the chipset is limiting your overclock.

Archived