Corsair Community

Abit Max 3 and TWINX1024R-3200CP2T

Geno

Sir, I installed TWINX1024R-3200CP2T in an Abit Max 3 and the system will NOT boot at all. All I get is a long beep. I installed the RAM in banks 1 and 3 as instructed in the mobo manual and also tried banks 2 and 4 without any luck. I then tried the sticks as singles in each bank and still no boot. The RAM works fine in other machines so I think it is OK. I tried some other RAM in the board and it boots without issue so I know the board is ok. ( Both dual and single ) Bios flash is next ...is there somthing I am doing wrong with this ram? I cleared the cmos with the short pins AND even removed the battery to no avail. System: Abit Max 3 Western Digital Raptors in RAID 0 P4 3.0C CPU Thank you for your help with this issue. ( The ONLY issue I have ever had with CORSAIR memory ) Geno

Geno, You dont list which Max 3 board you are concerned with. There are currently two: 1. Abit ic7-Max3 2. Abit kv8-Max3 Neither of those boards show that they run on registered memory. Both board indicate support for ecc memory. It is suggested that you refer to your manual and install the proper type. Good Luck

Well It turns out New Egg did in fact send me registered RAM because they were out of the part I ordered...to New Eggs credit the ones they sent were almost $50 bucks more and the only difference in the part numbers was the "R"...wich turned out to be a big difference. Got my RMA already... A second question though. If my board, Abit Max 3 Ic7 says support for ECC does that mean I have to use ECC RAM? I have heard ECC is more for server boards and might actualy cause my game rig to loose performance? Thanks, Geno

Archived