Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-6400C4 Problem

gionex

Earlier today when I tried starting up my PC with two sticks of RAM, it wouldn't POST or display anything. After which, I removed one stick and it started up fine. Then I switched the sticks to the one I had removed earlier and again, it wouldn't work. So now I'm just using the one working stick and the system's running fine.

Did I end up with a bad stick of RAM or could it be something else thats causing this?

I'm using an Asus P5B Deluxe Motherboard.

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts and Change ‘Write to Precharge delay’ in the BIOS (same page as for latencies) from default 10 to 15 and set the tested settings set manually and then test the modules again with the Voltage set to 2.0 Volts! Then test with http://www.memtest.org to be sure!

If you still have problems we can get it or them replaced, please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived