Corsair Community

overclocking a e6600 on a p5n32-e SLI

anyone have any experience with this board? right now I have my e6600 at 333mhz fsb x 9 multipler, stock voltage of 1.325v and everything seems stable. I set the FSB/RAM to be linked and sync.

I got corsair dominator 8500c5d memory so I have plently of head room, though I don't really know how to configure ram settings so I leave them all on auto. Ntune reads that the memory is at 15-5-5-5 667mhz @ 1.85v, is this okay?

I was thinking of taking it to 400mhz x 8 multipler for 3.2ghz, or maybe even 3.6ghz with a 9 multipler, anyone know how well these processors overclock on a stock cooler?

i think im satisfied with the overclock I have right now, all at stock temperatures, its amazing. I have the equivalent of intels flagship processor and that should be more than enough for anything I can throw at it, thanks for all your help

right now all I want to do is tighten up the timings a bit, since I'm only running my ddr1066 at ddr667 can I tighten up the settings a bit? ntune is detecting 15-5-5-5 @ 1.85v, but I should be able to "underclock" to 12-4-4-4 @ same voltage right?

• 4 weeks later...
I don't think you can lower the multiplier, at least on mine anyway 9 is the lowest it will go, to overclock I had to change the FSB instead. Also you might want to unlink the RAM and FSB if you need more flexibility in the speeds. I have found this hardware combination to be really good for overclocking, just make sure you have good cooling sorted out as you might have to start increasing voltages to keep the system stable at higher speeds.

You should be able to lower the multi on that CPU. Also, with the memory, you need to set the memory voltage to 2.2v manually. When you start OCing, you may also need to raise the NBv and the FSB VTT to be stable with 4 DIMMs.

Also, I have heard horror stories about Ntune. If you have instabilities, you may need to uninstall that.

Archived