Corsair Community

TwinX Ram - One Bad, But Avoid Downtime.

damolee

Hi there,

Today I filled out a request for an RMA and was given the case number 199345.

It's a TwinX kit containing two CMX1024-3200C2PT modules.

Out of the blue the system wouldn't POST with a long beep error, according to the manual this indicated a RAM fault.

Removed the module from the second slot, booted and worked fine.

Swapped the two around, and no POST.

Basically, one of them is faulty.

The problem I have, is that I cannot afford any PC downtime for various reasons, and can't afford to buy RAM right now.

I don't overclock, or use this PC for gaming so tweaking isn't relevant.

But, will I able to avoid having to send both sticks back? Couldn't I just replace the faulty one?

Currently got the other stick working fine on it's own, but Vista really takes a hit losing the extra 1 gig of ram.

Any help or info would be much appreciated.

- D -

• Corsair Employees
Our hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time Monday threw Friday, please try to call them again at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0" and do not hit any other extension or send an email to rma@corsairmemory.com along with your RMA/Case# and ask them to check the status for you and or if there are any other options to speed things up.

Our hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time Monday threw Friday, please try to call them again at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0" and do not hit any other extension or send an email to rma@corsairmemory.com along with your RMA/Case# and ask them to check the status for you and or if there are any other options to speed things up.

Thanks for your help, i've sent them an email so fingers crossed.

I would ring but I have international numbers blocked on my line apparently, here in the rainy UK.

What's the normal turnaround for an RMA case all the way over here?

- D -

• Corsair Employees

It will take 24-48 business hours to get a reply excluding weekends and Holidays. If would suggest calling them at 510-657-8747 Ext "0".

And the average RMA turn around is 7-10 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

Well, I posted the ram back well over a week ago and still haven't heard anything. Unfortunately I can't dial international numbers from my landline, they are currently barred.

Is there any news or an update on my RMA?

Case no. 199345 , RMA no. 1017765

Any news or help would be much appreciated. I'm worried sick that it may have got lost in the post.

- D -

International numbers are barred on my land line. :[pouts:

EDIT: Managed to get a call to them, they received the ram and will send out a replacement shortly... awesome!

Thanks for all your help. Very , VERY much appreciated.

- D -

Archived