Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-6400C4 and Gigabyte P35-DS3R

sman26

Ready to make a purchase of both items and just wanted to do one more double check on compatibility issues if any one knows. The RAM is not listed on Gigabytes compat. list but I've heard so many good things about Corsair and it matches the "Supports DDR2 1066*/800/667/533 memory" spec. of the Mobo. Anything I need to be aware of? The RAM will work but I must do something in the BIOS first???

Thank you very much.

Shawn

• Corsair Employees
To manually set up the memory, you should set latency to 4-4-4-12 (CAS - tRCD - tRP - tRAS ) and increase memory voltage to 2.1 volts (+.3v on Gigabyte boards). This will get the memory running at its advertised specifications.

First of all Thanks Ram Guy...you really know your stuff. Your name is all over the place.

Secondly, you are saying that the two in combination (mobo & ram) would work fine but some tweaking needs to be done in the Gigabyte BIOs? Does this mean put the PC together and during boot up shoot straight into BIOs and make these adjustments (set latency to 4-4-4-12 (CAS - tRCD - tRP - tRAS ) and increase memory voltage to 2.1 volts (+.3v on Gigabyte boards)

Seeing those adjustments you mention look tricky since never being in the Gigabyte BIOs but will in be straight forward once I'm there you think?

Thank you again. Found the RAM for $79 aft. rebate.

Archived