Corsair Community

Serious Problems with 4 sticks X 1gig

Ankeah

Hello!

i am currently running windows vista ultimate 64bit and my system components are this:

Mobo = M2N32 SLI Deluxe Wireless BIOS 1201 Revision (loaded to defaults)

Processor = AMD X2 4600+ 2.41GHZ

Video Card = Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT (by asus)

Memory = CM2X1024 - 6400C4 (currently just runnin 2 sticks x 1 gig)

HDD1 = Western digital 160gig 7200 rpm IDE Hard Drive

HDD2 = WD 150 raptor 10,000 RPM

No sound card

NEC DVD burner and a 16x DVD rom from phillips

700 watt Power Supply

and an ATI TV Tuner Card

My issue is i bought 2 new sticks of the exact same type ram and whenever i install the 4th stick my system will not boot. the PC turns on and makes all the normal noises but there is no video and no keyboard power or mouse power. it does this sometimes when i try 3 sticks as well. i have set the settings to 4-4-4-12 and 2.1 volts and i think its 667 or 677 MHZ cant remember off top of my head. it still does the same thing. this is driving me bonkers. i have updated all my drivers and bios to the absolute latest versions. all my software is up to date in windows. please help!

• Corsair Employees

There are 2 issues:

1. You will need to run the memory frequency at 667MZH with 4 modules installed on AM2 systems.

2. If running Windows Vista, you will need to install the KB929777 patch when installing more than 3GB. You may search on the Microsoft website.

i already have these two things running and its still the same issue... when the 4th stick is installed the system wont show any video.. the computer boots up but the monitor and mouse and keyboard dont even light up or recognize the computer has booted.

• Corsair Employees
I suggest that you test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with multiple modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived