Corsair Community

8500C5D, No post

began back in jan with an possibly unrelated escd problem on the p5w dh deluxe, able to replace video card in to next slot the system would post then move video card back to first slot and its fine... for a while. this happened a couple times and about the third time that same fix didn't work. narrowed it down when I stuck in a different memory module then able to post. I was able to get the 8500C5D working again by setting the voltage to 2.1 while other ram in then rebooting with the 8500c5d in. This worked up till late feb when I had no success with either method.

Replaced motherboard with p5k deluxe = still no post. grabbed a new processor on a whim and still no post even with. RMA'd the p5k, the brand new E6600 and the 8500C5D to NCIX. Here is the response:

"I have just tested your system and determined that it is the Corsair Dominator memory that is causing the no post. I tested your mobo and CPU with our test memory and the system booted up no problem. However this memory only comes with a 30 day warranty through NCIX while its remaining lifetime is from Corsair. Please contact Corsair directly to obtain a warranty replacement..." Brendan *

I have both systems up and running with borrowed memory.

please advise,

thank you,

Sol

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived