Corsair Community

Asus Striker Extrem + 2x2048 pc8500 dominator + E6320

m4mush

Hi all,

Ive been searching around for the past week trying to find optimal overclocking settings for my setting because I havent been able to get it to work properly, but i am starting to believe in a compatibility problem.

My mobo is rated as compatible for the ram chips I have, but I cant get it to run at its proper 1066 speed...

I can boost my fsb up to 1333 w/o any problem at all if I leave my ram at 800.

If I bring my ram to its nominal speed (1066 ) I get all kind of different error, even if I keep my fsb to stock speed (1066).

I've tryed so many compination im not even sure which one worked and which one didnt, but overall ive notice that setting sli memory off just f*** everything up.

If I try linked mode 1:1 for cpu and ram (1066) my windows boots, but crashes randomly ( especially in games). If I try overclocking my fsb, while leaving the memory at 1066 with either linked or unlinked settings, I crash on boot.

I have disabled everything in the bios as I read. myt timing are what they are suppose to be 5-5-5-15-2T and im juste really out of options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, now I can only run it at 800...suck0r for a 255$ piece of ram....

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.2 volts and then set SLI Ready Memory to CPU 0% and set the CPC/CR to 2T, then test with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them one up and or in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived