Corsair Community

bad module

i have an asus crosshair mb and ive been using 2x1gb corsair xms2 and just recently ive had computer trouble and after much trouble shooting ive narrowed it down to 1 bad module ive tested them both in the b1 slot of my mother board and only one seems to work do i rma?

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

You can check my config in my profile. I have an ASUS Crosshair and 8500c5's and I was running at 1.8 volts. I boosted it first to 1.9 and it fried one, after a little tinkering and a few weeks of use. Used the other solo and boosted it to 1.85 and it fried the other within a short time on this one.

I have been doing research and it appears that the Crosshair is having some problems with Corsair modules.

I have heard ASUS having compat issues in the past. I remember video card problems. I don't want to blame it on you guys cause my friend has the exact same set of RAM with Intel and ASUS MB, and he's overclocking nicely.

Do you guys think that AI NOS is doing something or maybe the MB is just not right with it? I have updated to the latest bios.

Archived