Corsair Community

Help!!! I need some help with DRAM timing and choosing the right memory. Help!!!!!

blkshp-srvivr

Hello I need some professional help here!! I posted previously with the thread "Problems with GA-8KNXP Ultra (Rev. 2.0) motherboard". Under the "Hardware Specific Problems", (Motherboards, Processors and overclocking) I have contacted Gigabyte and they suggest I return the board and get a different one. I have 2GB of TWINX1024-3200C2 running at dual channel with latency 2-3-3-6. After response to my problem I have been advised in this forum to check my memory timings. O.K. never did this before but, I'm game and I'll give it a shot but I need some expert advice. I think I know how to get started, where to look and how to make changes but I'm still not going to attempt this without any help. So I enter the BIOS (ver.FF) then press ctrl+F1 and enter advanced BIOS. Then I find advanced chipset features, enter, configure DRAM timing and change SPD to manual. Now I can change: CAS Latency-2,2.5 or 3 Active to Precharge Delay-5,6,7,8,9, or 10 DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay-2,3 or 4 DRAM RAS# Precharge-2,3 or4 My memory: TWINX1024-3200C2 Latency 2-3-3-6 2= CAS Latency and can be changed to 2 3= Active to Precharge Delay and can't be changed to 3 3= DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay and can be changed to 3 6 = DRAM RAS# Precharge and can't be changed to 6 So I have concluded that I can't change Active Precharge Delay and DRAM RAS# Precharge because BIOS doesn't list those numbers. Also BIOS Versions FC and FD have the same option numbers to change as BIOS ver. FF. So what does this mean? I can't use this memory? And if not what corsair memory is proven to work? I want the system to run smooth and maybe a possibility of a slight overclock. If I can't get this motherboard to work I'm looking for one that will. I just really wanted the SCSI. Thanks, Jerry

• Corsair Employees
Jerry I would not suggest running 4 modules with this MB. But since you have them I would try and set the timings to By SPD and set the Dim over Voltage control to +.01 Volts and see if the system is stable, if you still have problems I would test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and lets make sure one is not failing.

Archived