Corsair Community

Memtest Errors

I was gettin BSOD's and it was suggested that I ran memtest so I did and I got errors.

First, here's the gear (from the other posts I read it seems this is the stuff more relavant):

RAM : CORSAIR CMX512-2700C2 64X64 333MHZ 512MB CL2 DDR DIMM W/HEAT SPREADER (3 for a total of 1.5G)

MOBO: SHUTTLE AS45GTR SIS 648 CHIPSET ULTRA ATA133 ATX FORM FACTOR 1xAGP(8X)/5xPCI/3xDDR W/RAID, SERIAL ATA, USB 2.0, 1394, AUDIO (CPU TYPE:INTEL CELERON, PENTIUM 4 - 400/533Mhz)

CPU: INTEL PENTIUM 4 2.66 GHZ W/512KB CACHE 533MHZ 478-PIN

VID: ATI ALL-IN-WONDER 9700 PRO 128MB AGP

I'm getting errors on Test 7 (Random Number Sequence). I get over 1600 errors when I run all three sticks and about a third that many when I run the sticks individually.

The errors are all the same: there's a good data part, then a bad data part and then the ERR BITS are 00040000 and when I look at the difference between the good and the bad it looks like that 4th piece has been incremented by 4.

If you need any more info just let me know. I'll be more than happy to find it. In the posts I read the stuff above was what I seemed like y'all needed.

Thanks for any help you can give.

• Corsair Employees

Getting errors in test 5-8 of http://www.memtest.org would suggest some other problem, and the fact you are getting the errors on all of the modules when testing them one up would suggest it might be some other issue.

What is the make and model of your PSU, and what are the BIOS Settings you have set for the memory?

For one up test them at Cas 2-3-3-6 at 2.7 Volts and with all three installed the settings should be Cas 2.5-3-3-7 at 2.8 Volts and with this MB and or chipset when you install more then two double sided modules you may have to set the memory frequency at PC-2100 or DDR266 when you have three installed.

Thanks! Here's the info:

PSU: Enermax EG465P-VE

Bios: Phoenix AwardBios v6.00PG

I looked around in the BIOS to see what settings were there but I didn't see the type of things that you were mentioning. Here's what I saw in there that seemed to be RAM related; its all menus:

-Advanced Chipset Features

-- DRAM Clock/Timing Features

--- System Performance

---x Safe

---o Normal

---o Fast

---o Turbo

---o Ultra

---o DDR 400

---o DDR 400V

--- DRAM CAS Latency

---o 2T

---x 2.5T

---o 3T

--- DRAM ADDR/CMD Rate

---x Auto

---o 1T

---o 2T

-Frequency/ Voltage Control

-- CPU VCore Select

--x Default

--o Above 1.85V

--o 1.100

--o 1.125

--o 1.150

--o ...

--o 1.825

-- VDDQ VCore Select

--x Default

--o 1.525

--o 1.550

--o ...

--o 1.675

-- VDIMM VCore Select

--x Default

--o 2.55

--o 2.60

--o 2.65

--o 2.70

--o 2.75

-- CPU:DRAM Clock Ratio

--x 4:3

--o 1:1

--o 4:5

--o 2:3

-- CPU Clock by SW

--x Disabled

Thanks for any help you can give. And if it really is something other than the RAM, what might be causing it and how would I check?

THANKS!!

• Corsair Employees

-Advanced Chipset Features

-- DRAM Clock/Timing Features

--- System Performance

---o Normal

--- DRAM CAS Latency

--- 2T or 2.5T Depending on what I suggested previously

--- DRAM ADDR/CMD Rate

---o 2T

-Frequency/ Voltage Control

-- CPU VCore Select