Corsair Community

bad module or MB?

Qqu

I have had this computer for about 4 years now and I am starting to get random reboots and crit errors when it says couldn't read instructions in memory at a certain address. I have gotten a error in memtest but wanted to know how I can tell the diff between a bad module or memory controller on the motherboard?

Abit IC7-Max

TwinX CMX512-3200LL

These modules will only run at the 2-2-2-6 timings. Any other settings will result in lots of errors in memtest

2-3-2-6??? the sticker on the ram says 2-2-2-6-T1 :eek:

But in any event, I set the precharge delay to 5 at some point. Its run like that for a few years now with no problems until recently. I backed it off to 6, increased the volatge to 2.7 (no option for 2.75) and will run memtest over night to see if get any errors if so, I will back the ras to cas down to 3 and try that. Thanks for your fast response. :biggrin:

• Corsair Employees
We can do an RMA on the modules but these are no longer available and command Rate is not an option on this chipset. But for sure Voltage should be set to 2.7 Volts minimum. And the timings were relaxed to Cas 2-3-2-6 for this module and I would try thise settings before I RMA them.

Archived