Corsair Community

Memory OC, ratio question?

Air_Mike

...I have ABIT IC7-G mobo with P4 2.6C and Corsair TWIN512-3200C2 memory... ..when overclocking I can get to 245 FBS with ratio 5:4 and memory running at 196 MHz timings 2-3-3-5 @ 2.8V...tested in Memtest86 with no errors... but.... when I try FBS at 250 MHz with ratio 5:4 and memory at 200 MHz it report many errors in Memtest no metter timings I set, even with timings like 3-4-4-8!??... why is that happening, would another BIOS rev solve that? (I am now using newest rev 21).... where is the problem with only 4 MHz difference...

• Corsair Employees
Please try testing the modules one at a time at default settings on the CPU and the memory Freq set to 1-1- or at DDR400 and set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-3-6 and test with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] and lets make sure it's not a bad module. If they both pass that would suggest that the MB may not be able to run at those settings.

...before trying ratio 5:4 I used ratio 1:1 and I was able to get FBS to 225/225 with timing 2-3-3-5 and I could go even higher with higher timing... I only have problem with divider... with 5:4 I can only go up to 245 FBS, but with 3:2 it didn't work at all...

Archived