Corsair Community

Bad RAM Module

TheNuju

Hi,

Ive got a 2x 1gb Corsair Dominator DDR2 800 6400C4 kit and one module is throwing up hundreds of errors within memtest, the other seems to be perfectly fine.

I need to RMA the pair obviously however this is a big issue as it will leave me with an unusuable machine for however long the RMA will take and I need my machine for business use!

Do corsair offer a 'swap' service for their warranty? Ive had a company before send out the new part and take my damaged ones back as a direct swap. I still have all the original packaging and serials at hand, can this be done? or will I need to purchase a second lot of DDR2 memory just to run an RMA to get faulty memory sorted?

Some help & advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Mike

• Corsair Employees
Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them! But after you got the RMA I would call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0" and ask them if they can help you speed that up since you are a commercial user.

Hi RamGuy

Ok but does that leave me without any memory for a few days whilst the process is undertaken? One point I would like to add is that ive been using Corsair products for over 6 years and this is my first RMA! congrats.

Mike

• Corsair Employees
Yes I am sorry it would, but please get the RMA# then before you send the modules please call our customer service and see if there are any other options that are available to speed things up.

Archived