Corsair Community

P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard with many months of shelf life before intergration

Intel4004

I plan to use an Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66G 775 4M R CPU. Back when this board first came out it seems the fastest memory available was DDR2 800.

This board has both 800 and 1066 FSB setting and that means back then to run the FSB @1066 one had to over clock the DDR2 800 to run it on the 1066 FSB. There are many stories of failure to reproduce the results of the over clocking results of the major reviewers of this mobo.

Also consider that it is well-known that Corsair often changes the vendor of the chips they used after initial timings are established and compatibility of use is listed in their compatibility charts. Because of this it is very hard to read the specs and make a decision on which Corsair DDR@ DIMMs to buy with any certainty of reliability or suitability.

My plans for this mobo is as a gamming system. Can anyone offer suggestions on what current available memory to use if I want to run the CPU @3.0 and to expect reliability of the memory?

I’m using a LiLan case that has four case fans so all the mobo fan connections are already taken up thus if a DDR2 with a fan is used it will have to be plugged into the power bus and run full speed all the time.

• Corsair Employees
Also consider that it is well-known that Corsair often changes the vendor of the chips they used after initial timings are established and compatibility of use is listed in their compatibility charts. Because of this it is very hard to read the specs and make a decision on which Corsair DDR@ DIMMs to buy with any certainty of reliability or suitability.

What are you talking about? We never change the IC we used to develop an XMS part unless the IC was no longer available. And if we do have to change the IC they are clearly marked with a revision number and lot code.

Please see DDR II Inquiry.

I plan to use an Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66G 775 4M R CPU. Back when this board first came out it seems the fastest memory available was DDR2 800.

This board has both 800 and 1066 FSB setting and that means back then to run the FSB @1066 one had to over clock the DDR2 800 to run it on the 1066 FSB. There are many stories of failure to reproduce the results of the over clocking results of the major reviewers of this mobo.

I am sorry but I think you have a bit of miss information with regards to your MB and memory in general.

This MB chipset supported DDR2-667 when it was first released and would over clock to DDR2-800 with out problems.

However, with 4 modules DDR667 for the memory would be suggested as long as you have a1066 FSB CPU.

Archived