Corsair Community

Asus M2NPV-VM & CM2X1024-6400

gnostek

I am running 4 Gigs CM2X1024-6400 at 800 MHz with timings 4-4-4-12-2T at 1.9 V (only setting available for RAM voltage). Operating system is XP Pro x64. I have been getting freezes and BSOD's (d1 stop errors) on a fairly regular basis.

Memtest gives me errors when testing all four DIMMs, when testing in pairs, and when testing single sticks. I have disabled legacy USB support in the BIOS.

Any thing else I should try? Could this be a problem with the mo/bo?

• Corsair Employees

Can you give us detail spec of your system?

It is very unlikely that both modules go bad at the same time. If you get errors with all of them independently then that would usually suggest other problem.

Asus M2NPV-VM

AMD X2 5600+

4x CM2X1024-6400 (all the same version)

Sapphire 1950 XT Pro

WD 160G on Secondary Master (boot)

2x 150G 10K Raptor Raid 0 on nVidia controller (SATA)

2x 750G Seagate Raid 1 on nVidia controller (SATA)

BIOS 0901 (latest)

latest drivers available on Asus

Started out with the default settings for RAM (all auto), ran Memtest with the settings above.

These DIMM's worked fine in a system built on an Asus P5WDH Delux w/ CoreDuo Extreme 6800.

You need at least 2.1v (maybe more with 4 DIMMs) to run @ 800Mhz 4-4-4-12. Try 5-5-5-15 @ 667Mhz or 4-4-4-12 @ 533Mhz for maximum stability. Despite the claim for 800Mhz DDR2 support by many of the socket AM2 chipsets, I have yet to see any budget board that isn't unstable with the memory frequency @ 800Mhz. There is no significant performance to be gained by trying to max out your ram. You should always opt for the most stable settings everytime.

Archived