Corsair Community

RMA received by corsair but never shipped back !

YBDLTD

Hello there...

I got an RMA number( 1012503 ) sent the package as instructed, and got nothing back , it has been almost a month !!!

I wrote to corsair with no response !

what the hack is going on with corsair

Yair

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status in Tech Support; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “0” or send them an email (rma@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

I e-mailed them couple of times, but no reply what so ever...

It has been more than a month since they got my package !

is this that hard to get back to me with an explaining letter of the delay?

I have a friend who had the same issues with corsair but I did'nt pay attention...

this is not a service , in any meaning of the word.

I paid premium price from my sallary to have what they say : "the best product , and the best support exist" ,best product got ruined for no explaineable reason, and best support turned up to be the worst.

I guess next time I'll just go with OC Z the wiser choice !

sorry but this is a disrespect in your customers and eventually you'll loose them all !!!

I dont want to span money on long distance calls, so I wrote to them

again using your instructions.

Hope I will see my memory back alive sometime in the far future.

anyway thank you in person for dealing with it , I dont blame you personally

for these issues.

Yair

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like I'm not the only one with this issue. I sent in my memory a little over a month ago. I kept thinking I would give Corsair a little more time to send back my memory (I confirmed with UPS that it had been delivered with no problems). It took me several phone calls to reach someone. Then after a couple of minutes on hold, the woman on the support service tells me that they'll have the memory out today and out to me by the end of the week.

I have to say I was a bit annoyed at this. I was being patient because I figured Corsair was swamped with support requests or that supply was short. After more than a month of waiting, it appears that the only reason for the delay was because I was forgotten. I understand that this can happen from time to time, but from the postings here, it appears I am far from being the first person.

I would like to be clear that I'm posting here not so much to complain as to provide feedback to Corsair. This kind of service reminds me of the rebates that fall by the way side after customers "forget" about them because they were told to wait 6-8 weeks for it. With rebates, though slimy, it's almost understandable. After all rebates are designed to squeeze a little more money out of the consumer. However, with product support, I consider it unacceptable. The customers should not have to be the ones who take the time and effort to follow-up on RMA's after they've followed all the instructions for returning a product. Since there does seem to be this issue, it would benefit Corsair to take this opportunity to re-vamp the support system to keep better track of RMA's.

• Corsair Employees

First thing, I am sorry that you had problems getting your RMA processed. However, we just made major changes to correct these issues. And should you need to go threw this again I am sure it will not be as much of an issue.

We have changed our whole accounting system and made changes to automate a lot of the process so I don't think this will happen again. I do expect from time to time there might be a few cases that might have some problem and get held up in the process, but the average turn around time for an RMA should be 7-11 days depending on how the user send the modules and the specific part in question. Weather its in stock or not. Any other RMA should flow threw faster as well but for refunds I am sorry I have no control over and normally we do not offer refunds as we do not sell direct.

Again I do appologize for the inconvenience and if any one should be having a problem with the service please call our customer service and we will do our best to help you get the problem resolved ASAP. 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0"

So I got the memory today and it works great, except...that it's only 1 GB of total memory (2x512). I sent 2 GB there (2x1024). On the plus side is that the warranty dept didn't hassle me and gave me UPS account # to ship it back with. Yes, it's a human error, and yes it happens - I get it. BUT, this is REALLY annoying after having to wait more than a month already because my RMA was forgotten about. In the meantime, memory prices have dropped and I could've gotten a cheaper pair brand new. I have a project I'm working on for which 1 GB is just unacceptably slow. And now I have to wait even longer! I feel like ripping my hair out.

First thing, I am sorry that you had problems getting your RMA processed. However, we just made major changes to correct these issues. And should you need to go threw this again I am sure it will not be as much of an issue.

We have changed our whole accounting system and made changes to automate a lot of the process so I don't think this will happen again. I do expect from time to time there might be a few cases that might have some problem and get held up in the process, but the average turn around time for an RMA should be 7-11 days depending on how the user send the modules and the specific part in question. Weather its in stock or not. Any other RMA should flow threw faster as well but for refunds I am sorry I have no control over and normally we do not offer refunds as we do not sell direct.

Again I do appologize for the inconvenience and if any one should be having a problem with the service please call our customer service and we will do our best to help you get the problem resolved ASAP. 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0"

Well, I don't think your new revamped systems is working Ram guy.. I submitted an RMA request in mid July with no response. When I called "Customer Service" I'm told my RMA was approved... So when were they going to tell me?? Then, I have to call again just to find out HOW to send in my modules because I never recieved an email with any return instructions. Ok.. so I send it back on the 23rd of July express service, it arrives at Corsair on the 25th. Web site states "24hr turn around for return shipping". A full seven days later on the 3rd of August I called to check status because of course, there has been no email correspondance. I swear the guy on the phone responded with "Ooops we forgot to ship it, we'll get that out today". After tactfully expressing my utter disappointment I asked "And how will that be shipped ground or Next Day Air"? With a strong emphasis on Next Day Air!! He asks me to hold on a second and then replies (correctly I might add) Next Day Air. Six hours later, with no conformation of shipping email sent to me, I call back to ask the tracking number on the shipment. He tells me the number and confirms it's Next Day Air. GUESS WHAT'S NEXT??? INVALID SHIPPING NUMBER, NO RECORD OF SHIPMENT!!

All I can say at this point.. UNSATISFACTORY CUSTOMER SERVICE!! You know what really stinks about this whole deal?? I ordered additional matching Ram Modules from ***Egg 2 days ago and GOT THEM TODAY AS PROMISED!

God forbid anything happens to them under their lifetime warranty and I have to RMA them...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived