Corsair Community

Dead Voyager GT 8gig

skitzsofrenick

:sigh!:

My Voyager is only two-three months old and it went belly up on me today. I was able to use it just fine last night.

It started off this morning telling me that the device was running low on space when there was still over a Gig available, then every now and then it would say that the device has malfunctioned, so it installs drivers, but doesnt know what it is.

I guess I need an RMA, though I need the data on the drive, is it possible to have the chip moved to another thumb drive as part of the replacement?

I doubt the chip is dead, but is there a way to test this?

It detects a device, but it doesnt know what drivers to install since it is unable to read what make/model/type of device it is. I requested an RMA, but I am still waiting for the approval. How long will this take and how long will it take for a replacement?

It really sucks that I usually keep this device backed up but someone was needing to rebuild their system so I used it store their vital data and and now they lost everything.

• Corsair Employees

If its detecting the drive it may have just because corrupt, Please try to format the drive from a command prompt with this syntax:

Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

But First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site.

If you still have problems, let’s get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived