Corsair Community

Bad pair of CMX512-3200C2

TDoyon

I have an Asus P4P800 SE Motherboard running with 2xCMX512-3200C2 and one pair of TWINX CMX512-3200XLPT.

I'm running at with 2.5-3-3-6 settings for the RAM.

Recently, I started to crash on a regular basis (from everry 5min to 1hr).

I ran ramtest with the 4 memory modules in it. I had 700+ errors for the memory in the 1532+Mb adress range.

I removed the 2xCMX modules and ran ramtest with the TWINX modules only: no errors. I removed the TWINX modules and ran ramtest with the 2xCMX modules: had errors. Just to be sure, I moved the 2xCMX modules into the other DIMM slots and ran ramtest again: again, had errors.

Seems to me my two CMX512-3200C2 modules are faulty.

What should I do?

1) XMS3202 v5.4 0646305-1 for the sticks that failed the memtest

2) Factory settings for the XMS is 2-3-3-6, I'm running at 2.5-3-3-6

Factory settings for the TWINX is 2-2-5-5. Didn't fail when running at 2.5-3-3-6. I ran at these settings since this is the common denominator when using the 4 sticks together.

Thank you for the feedback Ram Guy.

Reinserted the XMS modules, set to 2.5-3-3-7, voltage to 2.75, disabled legacy USB (don't know why this would help), don't have the option for command rate (I checked all the menus/options available in bios)

1) Ran memtest with the two dimm in dual rate, had 200+ errors

2) Ran with only one dimm (call it A) in single rate; had no errors

3) Ran with the other dimm (call it B) in single rate in the same dimm slot on MB; had 100+ errors

4) Tried again with dimm A, again no errors.

Seems dimm B is defective. Every tests where this dimm was involved, the test always produces errors.

Just to be sure, I reinserted the TWINX modules, set to 2-3-3-6 and kept all others settings the same, had no errors.

What's the next step?

Archived