L1 cache 64K 35054MB/s

L2 cache 2048 K 14953MB/s

Memory: 2047M 3798MB/s

Wall Time Cached Rsvd Mem Mem Map Cache Test Pass Errors

1:25:00 2047M 52M e820-std on std 3 514

Test #5 failures= 434 1st pass

= 541 2nd pass

Failed addresss here- ooo3dfe4090-991.2MB

Poped a BSOD and it said to check memory.

Does this mean I need to RMA it????

Sincerely ,

nrm

• Corsair Employee

Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.4 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Normally errors in test 5-8 would suggest some other problem, did you have Legacy USB Disabled in the BIOS setup when you ran http://www.memtest.org?

TY

previous mem timeings set, 3 4 3 9 1T,tRC 22, 2.4 volts, 1T command rate, all else auto

Did two more sessions with memtest.

Set bios mem timeings based on nTunes read of auto settings, manually input said timeings. 2 pass with 704 errors,

test #5 622 errors, #6 80 errors.

Set bios mem timeings all auto. 4 pass with 305 errors,

test #2 40, #3 80, #4 80, #5 105 errors.

I had done all you mentioned above, except testing singlely. I have no way to test anything, really, only one set of compatible hardware. All new! Home build amatuer.

How many errors are considered acceptable? 305 errors out of how many actions, %?

TY

OK,

memtimeings 3 4 3 9 w/ tRC @24, 2T command rate, all else auto.

CPUZ 1.4 and nTune had said that, tRC was 22, thats where I got number??????

I'll do this tommorrow. Currently useing all on auto, 2.4 v manual, least amount of errors above.

Sincerely,

nrm

test results-

ran 4 full pass

1st pass, 112 errors- all test #5 (Block move, 64 moves)

2nd pass, 785 errors- all #5

3rd pass, 3072 errors- all #5

4th pass, errors test #1,2,3,4,5,8- #5 being worst then #4,#3,#8,#2,#1 in descending order. #1 test haveing 2 errors.

Haveing bios @ all auto settings, gives the least errors. Again, I am unaware of the acceptable margin for error.

Do I need to RMA?

Sincerely,

nrm

• Corsair Employee
The type of errors you are getting would suggest some other problem, but let's try replacing your modules. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived