Corsair Community

DFI NF590 SLI and XMS2 5400 2 x 1gb Issues

Chrome_Rust

As stated in the title, i am having a issue with my XMS2 in my DFI mobo. It is crashing at random, giving me BSO's and just not running the way i like it too. I understand that it is ddr667 and not 800 like i should have, but it is what i have. In Bios i have everthing related to memory on auto. it is running at 667 and not at 800. voltage is 1.85. I am running a 6000+, 2 74gb raptors in RAID0, 2 8800gts's in SLI, 2 gb of 5400, and a beefy 680watt enermax PSU. Also running Vista Home Premium..i am not trying to overclock this system , although it is tempting...

Anyway, when i hit the machine with a benchmark or anything thaty loads it down it flakes out, locks up and just mos-behaves.... I have measured all my power rails and i there is noproblem. i have pulled the 8800's, changed CPU's, installed XP on different HD, and tried a fotron 750watt PSU. I updated the firmware for my power cord and i have the latest BIOS from DFI. the onlything that remains constant is the fact that i have only this set of DDR2 modules. Is there something that i can do to remedy this situation. It is quite frustrating....

I am not afraid to overclock, i have many acheivements under my belt. I am a respected member of many hardware sites (Xtreme, and PCApex [formally Pimprig]). I just have been out of the loop for awhile and this is my first dabble into SLI and DDR2... please help an OG Overclocker get his groove back..

Charlie

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest that you test the modules individually with memtest, to see if this is a memory issue. Set the DIMM Voltage to 1.9 volts and then set the timings to 4-4-4-12 (CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! Please allow memtest to run 2-3 passes on each module. If you still get errors, we will be happy to replace them! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Well i am back at home, did everything you said, working fine now... i am running it at ddr2 800. with 4-4-4-12 timmings. I smacked the modules with 2.0v. stable as heck , in fact i had this 6000 running 3.5 with the memory running right along with it. voltage was the culprit. I thankyou for your help, and as always, corsair is the ONLY memory for an enthusiast...

Charlie

Archived