Corsair Community

Bad Corsair CMX512re-3200LLPT set

Ice589

Hey RamGuy!

I just (Monday the 9th) sent out the sticks from the other ticket I have open. I'll update that ticket when i receive my new ones!

((Was diagnosed with a 5.5cm mass in my kidney and had to have surgery to have my kidney removed on the 3rd... so i was a little delayed on getting the RAM in the mail... It's been a crazy 2 weeks.))

I have a new issue. I was out of work for about a week (Hospital + recovery time) and when I got back, my PC was off and would not POST. I checked all of the usual suspects and found that the system will no longer post with either of my twinx sticks (CMX512RE-3200LLPT XMS3200REv2.1) I'm currently running my system on 512mb Kingston value ((Cry))

I tried them in my home system (Using loner memory as my PRO sticks are in the mail) and i was not able to get either to post in any of my 4 ram slots.

I don't know what happened while I was away, but these sticks no longer work and if you have no suggestions, i would like to ship them in!

Thanks,

Danny

That is my old motherboard. My new motherboard is a MSI K8N neo4 Nforce4 -Platinum Edition. It appears that this memory might not be supported by this MB either (Can you confirm?). I know the computer at work supports this RAM... It's been working for some time.

I'll bring the sticks back to work tomorrow and get you more information about the setup.

Thanks

Danny

Ram posts in our Server at work. Currently running Memtest. It's possible that this issue is related to the motherboard on my work system.

I'll allow memtest to run for a little while longer, if i don't get any errors, I'll RMA the motherboard with ASUS or just

use Normal memory.

Thanks!

Danny

Archived