Corsair Community

Abit IC7-MAX3 and Corsair RAM

zerophatt

I'm having some issues with my new Abit MOBO and was wondering what settings I should be using fro the RAM that I have. It's two CMX512-3200C2PRO sticks... I'm new to this so please bare with me.... I need to know: CAS Latency Time (currently set to 2) Act to Precharge Delay (6) DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay (3) DRAM RAS# Precharge (3) What should I set these to? I'm not O/C'n anything, just want some stable numbers, Please help, any advice would be great!

• 1 year later...
I jut got my modules and put them in and tried to use the timing off the site of 2 3 3 6 and could not post. I tried every setting I could find but The Abit board does not have any way to set the timing to these numbers. the second number there is only 5,6,7,8, in the bios and no number 3 at all. The last number there is only 432 avaliable to use and no number 6. When I set the bios to CPU defult and SPD (3833 for the memory) the computer came up but real slow. Showing a FSB of only 200 (wcpuid). The memory did show as 2048. I did the memory test with mem-86 it showed the memory CAS as 3338 when the bios said 3833. Everybody I know is running cosair memory especially with the AMD 939 sockets boards just fine. I want speed and need help like - you don't want to hear me whinnng................. Should I just dump this board and look else where for XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx or what????? I use Photoshop and auto FX a lot and I need FAST everything. Any help will bring my world to your favor. Thanks Robert Rea If I buy a socket 939 board with a AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core 4400 would these modules work???? What board and could I go 4 gigs of RAM there. Sorry for the mess.

Archived