Corsair Community

Supermicro PDSMi+ and CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 Std DIMM Value Select VS2GB667D2

mmjjrr

I would like to get confirmation of the compatibility and proper operation of the Supermicro PDSMi+ with CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 Std DIMM Value Select VS2GB667D2 memory. We are building 8G memory configurations (4, 2G modules) with Core 2 Quad CPUs. Has anyone been successfully using ValueSelect memory in these Motherboards?

Thanks

MJR

We have had similar confirmations from other memory vendors, but there appears to be some specific issues when using the PDSMi+ with Core 2 Quad Extreme processors (QX6700) that do not appear when using this motherboard and Core 2 Duo processors. So I am really looking for a verified or certified, or at least confirmed, operational installation of this memory on this board with this configuration.

Does Corsair offer any type of field test option. I am willing to test the memory on one of our servers (we have 20 with this configuration). But I have a hard time justifying making a purchase on speculation. I would need the option to return the product if it fails in our setting.

I have had great success in the past using Corsair memory, so if this works, I would expect most of our future servers would use it.

Thanks

MJR

Archived