Corsair Community

think I have one bad stick on a pair

I have 2 sticks of the cm2x1024-6400pro rev 1.2 or 1.3. when I first bought them they worked wonders at 1.8v on my p5b-dlx. I didn't have any of the problems of needing to put it at 2.1v or change the write to precharge delay options in the bios. things stated going downhill though. about a month ago I had to reboot and it wouldn't post at stock voltages anymore. thinking i had a bad stick I ended up pulling them one at a time and at stock voltage one would post the other wouldn't. upped the voltage to the 2.1 range and could then post with both sticks. then neither of them would post at stock voltage as they both needed at least 2.1 volts to operate (thankfully I had a spare stick of ram). as it sits now one will not post at all even at 533mhz 5-5-5-12 timings at 2.2-2.3volts. so I'm assuming one is toast and one is on the way to being toast unless you guys have any ideas here?

if it does come down to warranty work though what are my chances of getting the same ram with the micron chips? that is the main reason I bought these is due to the micron's and from my understanding all are using the promo chips which are not anywhere near as good.

• Corsair Employees
You would need to talk to our customer service about that, sorry. But we will be happy to replace them. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

if I do a rma on these though what revision of ram will I get back? I want to try to keep micron chipped ram if at all possible rather then going with the promo's or something else

EDIT: oh wait that is what I need to contact CS for huh? sorry I'm a little slow

Archived