Corsair Community

seen as an mp3 player

jokker

I have the exact same problem on ubuntu Feisty 7.04, BUT, it used to work just fine before the last kernel update, I edited fstab file to mount it automatically, but 1st it has to be mounted as /media/sdd (scsi WTF?!) and it is recognized as an mp3 player (???!!!) by the system. Anyway after reboot it won't mount auto, I have to sudo umount -a && sudo mount -a again and again ... :evil:

It is really clear that the last kernel update is in cause. I'm compiling the last kernel sources as we talk and see if it corrects the problem. :idea:

I have the exact same problem on ubuntu Feisty 7.04, BUT, it used to work just fine before the last kernel update, I edited fstab file to mount it automatically, but 1st it has to be mounted as /media/sdd (scsi WTF?!) and it is recognized as an mp3 player (???!!!) by the system. Anyway after reboot it won't mount auto, I have to sudo umount -a && sudo mount -a again and again ... :evil:

It is really clear that the last kernel update is in cause. I'm compiling the last kernel sources as we talk and see if it corrects the problem. :idea:

Your issue with mounting under sdd is a change to the kernel design in Linux. In the latest kernel, all hard drives are mounted as SCSI devices. You shouldn't have to modify fstab to auto mount your stick. I never have had to with any stick since I think RedHat 9. If your stick is labeled, it should mount under the label name. All of the sticks that I have are labeled and show up with the label name.

What are the numbers on the USB connector on your stick? Your stick may have been manufactured at the beginning of the problems or you may be creating the mounting problem with the mod in the fstab file as the stick is trying to be automounted but is getting a conflict with the fstab entery.

The numbers on my USB connector :

G16G

FM2730740

on the other side :

07120919-0

Looks like it works again, but it is seen as an mp3 player.

I am just going to change the display icon :cool:

You guided me in this issue with fstab, thank you very much.

• Corsair Employees

I moved your post because its not the same issue. And you should have really stated a new thread, so you don't take over the other poster thread.

I would test the drive in another O>S. but it sounds like its an issue with that version of the O.S.

Archived