Corsair Community

ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe

CountryLifeNZ

I have just recently upgraded my PC using an ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe with an AMD X2 4800+ core & XMS2 DDR2-800TWIN2X2048-6400C4 RAM.

When i fired it up for the first time i noticed that the RAM was being detected as 5-5-5-18 and i thought, what the heck? I must admit i was expecting the RAM to be detected as 4-4-4-12 as per the advert material from Corsair stating it had EPP SPD profiles. Tried manually setting it to what i expected it should be able to run at but all i got was a BIOS error. Grrr.

Did a search on the board v's RAM and ended up here. I must say a big thanks to you RAM GUY. I have used the settings posted by you and now have it all working at 4-4-4-12 2T VDIMM 2.1V. (Note: now running at 2.0V - will try 1.9 on the weekend)

So for all those out there that do have issues, take heart that often these can be resolved. For those with the same motherboard as me, I have BIOS v 1003. That in itself is a little odd as going to the global Asus site i could only find v 903.

Here are the specs i used, just to save you searching.

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU External Frequency: Manually set to 200MHz

DDR2 SDRAM Clock: Manually set to 800MHz

PCI Express Freq: Auto

PCI Freq: 33.33

Performance Mode: Standard

DRAM Timing Selectable: Manual

SDRAM CAS Latency: 4T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 12T

SDRAM Write Recovery Time: 5

Write to Precharge Delay: 15 (If it's Listed)

Command Rate: 2T

DDR2 SDRAM Voltage: 2.1

Advanced voltage control

CPU Vcore offset:_Disabled

DDR2 Termination: 0.5x

CPU to NB HT:____1.200V

NB to SB HT:_____AUTO

NB Core/PCI-E:___AUTO

SB Core/PCI-E:___AUTO

SB Standby core:_+1.500V

Output driver control

CKE:______AUTO

CS/ODT:__1.00X

ADD/CMD:_1.00X

MEMCLK:__1.00X

Chipset Core Voltage: Auto

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Maximum DDR2 recommended VDIMM: 2.1 Volts

• Corsair Employees
The tested setting will need to be manually set or in your case just load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and then set SLI Ready Memory to CPU 0% and set Command Rate to 2T should be all you need to set.

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employees
Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and lets make sure one is not failing. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test. If they both run and pass one up but you still have this problem, I would suggest testing your CPU in another system.

• 1 month later...
Greetings! I have ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe together with memory Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4. Prompt, whether correctly I have adjusted BIOS (rev. 1003): 1. Overclocking - manual 2. FSB - 200MHz 3. RAM Voltage - 2.1V 4. Memory Type - DDR2 800 5. Timings - 4-4-4-12-22-2T. System works. Correct, or it is necessary to adjust these adjustments differently somehow. In advance thanks for the answer.

Archived