Corsair Community

Problem with Corsair TwinX2048-3200C2

Yamchop

Ram Guy,

I believe I have a failed RAM module. The problem occurred after a system crash (Windows XP), and on reboot it never made it out of POST. I received a screen of error/diagnostics codes.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/cratestealer/Image1.jpg

I removed the second stick ('bad') of RAM and everything booted fine from the first stick ('good'). When I replaced the 'bad' stick in the first slot only, I received the same error/diagnostics code screen at the last stage of POST.

I downloaded MemTest86 v1.7 and booted successfully from CD-rom. The test of the 'good' stick was successful with no errors. The test of the 'bad' stick had many errors (millions).

My system is the following:

MB: ABIT AN8 32X (default CPU BIOS settings)(latest BIOS update v13)

CPU: AMD Athlon 64X2 4600 (not overclocked)

Video: eVGA Geforce 7900GT 256 (single card)

RAM: Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2 (matched pair)

Power Supply: Antec SmartPower 2.0 450W ATX12V v2.01

Case: Antec Sonata II w/added fan

Environmentals: approx 70-72 degrees

RAM configuration was tested under default MB configuration (DDR SDRAM 2.6v), and then made changes to 2.7v & 2.8v per some other posts on this forum to no avail. I have since reset the values.

Should I send these in, and do I need to send the matched pair?

Also what expected turn around should I expect?

I see many folks struggling with returns posted here in the forums.

Thanks in advance

• Corsair Employees
Let's get it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it! Please make sure you let them know you are from the forum! I would recommend having both modules replaced, so that we can guarantee you get a matched pair in return.

Archived