Corsair Community

Question before I RMA.......

Captn

I was curious what my memory timings & voltage are suppose to be set at in my bios on my EVGA 680i motherboard. Im currently set at 1.9v & 5-5-5-12 on my TWIN2X2048-6400. Im running memtest86+ v1.70 and after 8 minutes im getting 54 errors test 5 pass 0 then it gives a bunch of failing addresses Count Chan 1. Should i RMA these modules?

EVGA 680i motherboard

EVGA 8800GTS 640mb

E6400 Intel Core2

Seasonic M12 700watt

No overclocking at all

Thank you in advance.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts and, then test with http://www.memtest.org one at a time! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them one up and or in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Im using bios version P24, im not sure i want to upgrade to the latest bios with some of the issues people have been having with them..hehe. Can i start by raising my voltage to 2.0 and then run memtest?

Ok I updated to Bios P29 & set my ram voltage to 2.0 then loaded defaults in Bios, i still get the errors with memtest v1.70. I don't have another motherboard to try the modules in so i tested them 1 at a time and it seems to be only 1 module.

Is ok to run the TWIN2X2048-6400 modules @ 2.0v all the time ?:confused:

its in my 1st post. I tried 1 module at a time, its only on 1 module that im getting errors, as far as trying them in another PC I don't have that option. I've already updated my bios as you suggested and ran memtest with default settings after updating bios and im still getting errors.

• Corsair Employees
Let's get it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it! Please make sure you let them know you are from the forum!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status in Tech Support; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “0” or send them an email (rmaservice@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

Archived