Corsair Community

CWC100-1001 Coolant Color question

jacob weber

Ok, I have a general question. My CWC100-1001 came with a green coolant additive. I wanted to make my water system look blue because all my other lighting effects in case are blue. Can you recommend any kind of BLUE tented coolant that would not void my warranty? Thanks...

As long as the mixture used provides enough corrosion protection it will be safe to use. There are several blue UV coolants that can be used in your setup. One alternative to the green "COOL" coolant from Corsair is Pentosin. This material as noted on the product page is poisonous. Don't drink it and you will be fine.

The corsair manual says to only use their product for warranty purposes.

That is why I am asking for an alternative product that would not void my warranty.

I assume that Corsair wasnt so shortsighted to only have GREEN as an available color, or to maybe have tested other cooling products to see if they work with their system.

Thanks...

I doubt you would send in your kit with the fluid still in it. Without a chemical trace test (which isn't performed) they wont know the difference. The corrosion protection is equal for both the "COOL" coolant and the Pentosin. The Pentosin is just more toxic and blue. As for warranty, they have not tested other fluids for use. The warning is so if someone used some strange fluid that ends up eating the material they can deny warranty. Strange as it sounds, it happens. No warning is without reason. :D:

Archived