Corsair Community

Asus Striker Extreme & Twin2x2048-6400G

hheres

Dear Sir/Madam,

Recently I purchased a total of 4Gigabyte Ram of the above product.

For further inquires my pc specs are:

Asus Striker Extreme(recent bios not beta)

Asus GForce 8800 GTS

Windows Vista Ultimate(32Bits)

I installed the memory and it worked with all kinds of BSOD etc. like irql less not equal ( the standard bsod with 4GB, installed the update wich didn’t solve the problem) I tried 3GB which worked like a charm. But now when I rebooted the pc it doesn’t boot and hangs on post.(a black screen and no beeping of any kind) Installed 1GB of the corsair memory and tried it in each memory slot with no success, still doesn’t boot. I tried my old memory and voila it works again (dane-elec 2GB 1Gb per slot)

Now is there some kind of bug of some sort that doesn’t allow the above memory to work with a striker extreme? I searched and I keep on bumping on suggested memory like TWIN2x2048-6400C4 included on your website with the memory checker.

I really am frustrated here and I would appreciate it very much if you could help me with some information like is it the wrong memory?

Kind regards,

Sounds like you may have the same issue as me....different revision numbers on the memory sticks.

I know there is a patch for Vista for computers with over 3GB of memory you may want to check on if you havent already.

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS version and load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts and then set these timings manually:

Striker

SLi ready: Disabled

Memory Voltage: 2.0v

NB Core Voltage: 1.4v

TCL: 5

TRCD: 5

TRP: 5

TRAS: 18

Command Per Clock: 2

TRC: 24

Please disable legacy USB and then test the system with http://www.memtest.org.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Ram Guy

These settings got my system running just fine. I was experiencing so many wierd problems with my system and had corrupted my hard drive 4 times!!!.

I don't know that much about RAM and timings etc and was hoping you could help explain something to me.

The TWIN2X2048-C6400C4 G ram is described as 4-4-4-12. Am I right in saying that the settings you suggested slow the ram to 5-5-5-18?

You also suggest setting SLI to disabled does that mean that this ram cannot do SLI when I get a second graphics card?

Many thanks for your help

• Corsair Employees
You also suggest setting SLI to disabled does that mean that this ram cannot do SLI when I get a second graphics card?

A: NO this setting has nothing to do with your Graphics card or cards, it will just set the EPP profile in the modules SPD.

I don't know that much about RAM and timings etc and was hoping you could help explain something to me.

The TWIN2X2048-C6400C4 G ram is described as 4-4-4-12. Am I right in saying that the settings you suggested slow the ram to 5-5-5-18?

A: Yes there is more loading on the memory controller when you add more memory and you may even have to run the memory at DDR667 with 4 modules.

Archived