Corsair Community

Will TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX work with the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Motherboard?

Blaze1up

Thanks for the help! Of course I will update the bios. I just didn't want to install a floppy drive to update the bios in DOS mode. Now that I know it will work out of the box, I can update the bios in windows.

Thanks for the help! Of course I will update the bios. I just didn't want to install a floppy drive to update the bios in DOS mode. Now that I know it will work out of the box, I can update the bios in windows.

My personal rule is to NEVER flash a bios from Windows. The ONLY failed flash I have ever had was in an OS flash using ASUS Update. I would suggest flashing with a bootable CD, USB drive, or floppy. The ASUS EZ Update makes it.....EZ.

Well...I guess I got lucky in the past with using the windows BIOS flash. I'll take your advise and use the EZ-Update. I guess I'll put the floppy drive in. Can you tell me the voltage and timing settings for that board and memory? Is it 2.1V and 5-5-5-18 or could I lower the timings? What do you suggest?

• Corsair Employees
Just load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 1.9 Volts then flash the BIOS, and before you put the image file on the BIOS do a fresh full format from a command Prompt and make sure there are no bad sectors.

Why on earth has the price jumped $100 in the last week? That is serious BS! I've been a corsair fan for ages and don't want to use any other memory, but at these prices I might have to. Is there any reason for the increase?

Why on earth has the price jumped $100 in the last week? That is serious BS! I've been a corsair fan for ages and don't want to use any other memory, but at these prices I might have to. Is there any reason for the increase?

You would need to ask the retailer that question.

Archived